White jeans are a classic item that should be found in every wardrobe. But, not only is there the worry of how to style them, there’s also the question of what to wear with white jeans. Have no fear, we’re here to help you learn how to wear white jeans.
How to Wear White Jeans
The reason many women shy away from white jeans is because they can be quite unforgiving. But if you usually don’t like to draw attention to your lower half, don’t think you have to avoid white trousers altogether. Here’s our tips on what style to choose for your body shape:
Jeans for Your Body Shape
- Pear shape – Wear mid-rise wide leg jeans to elongate your legs and balance your figure. Avoid skinny jeans.
- Apple shaped – High-waisted jeans will draw attention to your middle. Instead, try straight leg jeans to flatter your figure.
- Curvy – Look at curvy ranges as their jeans will have been created for your body shape. If you have a small waist, try high-waisted to accentuate your curves.
- Triangle shape – Skinny jeans can leave you looking top heavy. So, wear bootcut or wide leg trousers to balance your shape.
- Tall – Low-rise jeans will give you better body proportions if you have a shorter body. High-rise will show off your lovely long legs even more. It pays to look at what suits your shape as well as your height.
- Petite – If you are a shorter lady you can get away with most jean styles. To lengthen your legs, try super skinny or high-waisted jeans.
- Hourglass – Again most jean styles will suit you. Wide-legged trousers will enhance your waist, while skinny jeans will show off your curves.
White Jeans in Spring/Summer
Jeans aren’t always the most comfortable thing to wear as the weather gets warmer. But white jeans in the sunshine are just so stylish. Wide leg jeans are a great summer look, and you’ll be cooler than if you were wearing skinny jeans. These ripped boyfriend jeans from H&M are also a good option if you are buying white jeans to take you from spring into summer.
If you really don’t feel like wearing white jeans in summer, you could wear a pair of white denim shorts to give the same effect. You can stand out on the beach with a pair of shorts over your bikini. Or, for a more nautical look, try them with a striped t-shirt.
White Jeans in Autumn/Winter
Taking the white jean trend into the colder months, you should be looking at layering. Your white jeans in winter should be styled with an oversized jumper, or even a trench coat, with a knitted scarf. If you are not sure what to wear with white skinny jeans, winter is the season to get them out. Style them with knee-high boots for a cosy winter look.
How to Style White Jeans
Once you’ve chosen the right jeans for you, you’ll want to put together some white jean outfits for your wardrobe. From the right tops to wear with white jeans, to shoes and accessories, don’t worry: we’ve got it covered.
Tops to Wear with White Jeans
- Crop tops are on trend at the moment. Wear with high-waisted skinny jeans for a chic, sexy look.
- For a more sophisticated look, wear your white jeans with a blazer. Straight-leg jeans work best for this look as they are smarter.
- If you want a simple white trouser outfit, pair your jeans with a simple t-shirt. Ripped, mom jeans are great with this look as the focus is on them. To glam it up, add some simple accessories.
Best Colours to Match with White Jeans
Nothing matches with white like white. For the ultimate white jean look, wear white from head to toe: one of our favourite all white outfit ideas is layering up several shades of white and grey. If you’re not comfortable wearing all white, you should try nude and pastel colours like pale pinks and beiges.
If you’re used to wearing black jeans, it’s time to switch it up. A white jeans black top combo will create a classic monochrome look; try an oversized black and white checked shirt on casual days, or a smart blouse with black shoes for work or more formal occasions.
If you’re feeling brave, white is the perfect base to add a splash of colour. Neon colours are always popular in summer, but don’t go too far with the bright colours. Choose one statement bright coloured piece and keep the rest of your outfit neutral.
Celebrities in White Jeans
Emma Watson has been seen in white jeans on many occasions. One of our favourite outfits is her casual all white daytime look. She is wearing cropped white jeans with a casual white and grey checked shirt. She keeps her look comfortable in white trainers, with her hair pulled back loosely. This look is great for a day out or a casual lunch with friends.
Reese Witherspoon looks so classy in her white mom jeans and red blouse. With this look, she could be going to pick the kids up from school or going to an important meeting. Her hair is pulled back in a sophisticated low pony, while her high heeled sandals and oversized handbag complete the look. She accessorises with gold touches; an oversize gold chain necklace and matching gold cuff. Reese Witherspoon looks like she means business in this white trouser outfit.
Tips on What to Wear with White Jeans
- Accessorise with gold for a chic, sophisticated look.
- Neon colours will add some fun to an all-white outfit.
- Make sure you wear the correct jeans for your body shape.
- Swap your white jeans for white denim shorts in summer.
- Wear your white jeans with knee-high boots in winter.
- High heels and white skinny jeans are a super sexy combination.
Let’s Get Shopping…
Now you know which pair of white jeans suits your shape, it’s time to get shopping. With a classic pair of white jeans as a statement piece for all seasons, you can’t go wrong.
Read more great articles on women’s fashion here at alexie.co.